Economical solution for the S2000 fuel starvation problem for track cars and high horsepower drag race applications.
The S2000 has an internal fuel pan with a poor design as the upper edges angle outward and the walls are not tall enough the retain the fuel inside the pan around the fuel pump. This is a cover for the inner fuel pan, which prevents the fuel from spilling out of the pan on long left hand turns and hard launches.
I came up with this idea several years ago and posted it on S2Ki. Since that time, others have applied this same approach and there has not been any reports of fuel starve using the pan cover. I firmly believe that this is a better alternative to fuel surge tanks since it is easy to install, costs less, less weight, and it is safer (since there are no fuel lines/pumps/tanks being routed inside the trunk).
- Easy to install – only takes 1-2 hours
- Indicator for proper orientation
- Rounded edges to prevent cutting fingers during install.
- Proper material thickness that allows bending of the tabs and a solid permanent attachment.
- Made out of aluminum so it will not rust or create a spark during install.
- Laser cut for dimension accuracy and clean finish
- Detailed instructions included
Video showing install from my friends over at Vedem Racing: https://youtu.be/F481HRN7fsw
Here is an excellent video from NAUS on the installation and a product review: https://youtu.be/AeIOHkZFo0Q
Some customer reviews and feedback here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-racing-competition-11/oem-fuel-tank-setup-minimize-fuel-starve-753138/page9/
150+ sold and only positive feedback received.
$47 with priority shipping included (US).
International shipping will be calculated at checkout.