Replacement/Upgrade to Vortech part number 4HS010-011 (fits ALL model years).
BACKGROUND: In case you are not aware, Vortech is no longer selling their kit (or specific parts) for the S2000. The weak point in kit is the upper mounting bracket that is sandwiched between the VTEC solenoid and the head. Besides not being available, there are two problems with the original Vortech bracket:
- There is not enough material on the top side of the bracket near the VTEC solenoid windows. This bracket supports a significant amount of the weight of the assembly and they have been known to crack and leak oil. I had this problem and many others have had the same issue. Here are 2 threads to describe the problem:
- The VTEC window lips can crack/split. Since there is no real gasket (exclude the o-ring) between the head and this upper bracket and the SC turns up to ~53kRPM, there is some vibration that occurs between the bracket and the head. The problem is that the thin “lips” of the VTEC windows in the bracket can vibrate and crack. When this happens, oil will leak between the solenoid gasket. Our bracket uses slightly thicker window lips yet still compatible with the OEM VTEC solenoid gasket.
Keep in mind that this bracket as a “wear item” since there is no room between the head and the bracket for a gasket (Honda design)
You might consider the value of your kit if your stock bracket fails down the road.
The brackets are CNC milled out of solid 6061 aluminum and anodized black (like factory). The only difference is that these brackets will be much stronger and much more accurate milling on the VTEC windows.
- Use 2 new VTEC solenoid gaskets (Honda #: 15825-PCX-015)
- VTEC solenoid bolts (3): use high strength (10.9 or 12.9 grade) bolts that use nearly all the threads in the head (different lengths for each, and use caution on length for the top left bolt as it bottoms out in the head.
- It is critical to install the kit EXACTLY as it is outlined in the manual.
- Most important!!: Follow the tightening sequence of page 22 (Section 8.W) of the installation manual. Manual can be found here: http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/pdf/manuals/4HS218im.pdf
Please know that because this product is a wear item it does not come with a warranty. Even these improved brackets will fail if they are not properly installed. This mount is made with all intentions of performing better than the original so S2000 owners will be able to enjoy their Vortech kits for many years to come.
$215/ea with free shipping (US). Express shipping not available